Youth employment fund coming soon

The Liberal government’s Youth Employment Fund will begin taking applications in February. The fund will find 1,500 six-month job placements for anyone ages 18 to 29 with the possibility of two months of training.

Premier Brian Gallant said at the State of the Province address last Wednesday that the fund will help students straight out of a post-secondary institution gain experience.

(Twitter)
(Twitter)

“Government will subsidize these positions. And these will not only let the young people get the experience; it will help our businesses that are struggling a little bit at the moment and it will ensure that they have a skilled workforce,” he said.

Gallant hopes the fund, unveiled last October, will offer the younger generations enough incentive to stay and work in New Brunswick instead of flocking West. He said similar programs have worked well in other provinces like Ontario and if New Brunswick can experience the same success, the vast majority of the successful applicants to the program will stay at the business they worked for or stay in the same industry.

More details on the application process will be revealed “in the coming weeks.” Job placements begin on April 1.

Like and follow us:

Tags:

  • Show Comments (0)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

  • name *

  • email *

  • website *

You May Also Like

Sexual assault centre reaches out to students

By Candice Whitman The Fredericton Sexual Assault Centre launched a new campaign last week ...

Budget debt cap pleases students

By Alyssa Mosher When Kayla Brown heard that the Government of New Brunswick issued ...

Dialogue session to hear all voices

By Kyle Mullin A debate on the Gaza conflict will be held in McCain ...

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial

Like and follow us!