The Aquinian

Fire at UNB’s McLeod house

Alex Solak – The Aquinian
Fire at McLeod house, Nov. 17 around 6:20 p.m. (Alex Solak/AQ)

Emergency vehicles responded to a fire at UNB’s McLeod house on Tuesday night.

Four fire-trucks, as well as police officers and paramedics, were responding to a fire that broke out on the fourth floor of the building.

Sources inside the building say the fire started when a resident left something on the stove in their room.  Smoke quickly filled the floor, and started to move through the building.

There has been no official word on the cause.

McLeod House was evacuated to Magee House, which is beside it on Montgomery Street.  At this time it is unclear when they will be able to return to their own rooms.

The fire was under control quickly, and it seems no one was hurt.

Like and follow us:
Next: The Littlest Hero