Dryer malfunction in Chatham Hall – ResLife says no fire

The Aquinian –

The fire alarms in Chatham Hall were set off a few hours ago when a piece of machinery burnt out.

Residence Life informed TheAQ that there was no actual fire.  The smell and smoke were caused by the motor in one of the laundry room machines failing.

Residents evacuated the building when the alarm went off.  They took shelter from the rain in the Rigby Hall cafeteria until the Fredericton fire department cleared the building.

Like and follow us:

Tags:

  • Show Comments (0)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

  • name *

  • email *

  • website *

You May Also Like

What a Waste!

By Kaori Inui Earth Hour took place last weekend across world, and as a ...

Silenced Individuals

By Ayat Abed Isaid Respect, equality, and diversity are three words that describe Canada. ...

Immigrant’s story: too old to attend English school in NB

PART1: A Columbian refugee struggles to get educated By Chelsea Mooney Esteban Bravo Calle ...

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial

Like and follow us!